Friday, February 6, 2009

More questions than answers

Well this caught my eye this morning...

... Although my favorite part was when he mentioned a study where women "politely" asked men for no strings attached sex and they counted how many agreed. (Less than you would think.)

I have to believe there is a difference between the short-run and long-run equilibrium. In other words there is a shock effect that you have to consider in the short run. Men, not even blogging studs, aren't accustomed to being politely asked for no-strings attached sex. In the short-run then it isn't surprising that many men didn't bite. Over time though I think you'd find a different outcome. If men became accustomed to being asked to have no-strings attached sex then I think far more would be accomadating. Another way of putting this is to say that if women were just like men there would be mass copulation in the streets.

Another thing that interests me about this study was how things were handled when a guy did agree to have no strings attached sex. I bet the woman then responded with a, "well this is all just part of a study, thanks for participating. Have a good day." Such a response then would merely confirm men's understanding of how the world works - women don't tend to ask politely to have sex.

Still another thing that interests me is what the outcome would be if women demanded some sex or begged for it. What if they manipulated... in a soft voice... "I just don't feel wanted anymore, I feel so alone, I just wish someone would hold me." What if they began by offering to buy a guy a drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment